Fiser, Adam is a Ph.D. candidate in the Faculty of Information Studies (FIS) and a graduate fellow of the Knowledge Media Design Institute (KMDI) at the University of Toronto. Adam's research program explores political, social, and organizational aspects of community network design in the context of remote indigenous communities. He is a researcher affiliated with the Canadian Research Alliance for Community Innovation and Networking (www.CRACIN.ca) and the Community Wireless Infrastructure Research Project (www.CWIRP.ca). Through CRACIN and CWIRP Adam has undertaken collaborative research with members of K-Net, Canada’s leading First Nations broadband network. In this context Adam’s research includes case studies of telecom infrastructure and human resource development, as well as experiments in content/services design for public health and community development.
- Bell, B., Budka, P., and A. Fiser (Forthcoming) ’We were on the outside looking in’ – MyKnet.org: Exploring the history, culture, and society of a First Nation online social network”, Journal of Computer Mediated Communication – Special Theme Issue: Social Network Sites, People, Practice, and Culture, Eds., D. Boyd and N. Ellison.
- Fiser, A., and R. Luke (Forthcoming) Culture of Health Information in northwestern Ontario First Nations: New Technologies, New Intermediaries, in Health Intermediaries, Eds., N. Wathen, S. Wyatt, and R. Harris.
- Fiser, A., Clement, A., and B. Walmark (2006) The K-Net Development Process: A Model for First Nations Broadband Community Networks,CRACIN Working Paper No. 12. http://www3.fis.utoronto.ca/research/iprp/cracin/publications/workingpapersseries.htm
- Fiser, A., Clement, A., and B. Walmark (2005) “The K-Net Model of broadband development”, in Telecommunications Policy Research Conference, Arlington VA, USA, (September 23 to 25, 2005). http://web.si.umich.edu/tprc/papers/2005/447/K-NetTPRC05.pdf
- Fiser, A. (2004) First Nations SchoolNet RMO Backgrounder, CRACIN Working Paper No. 1. http://www3.fis.utoronto.ca/research/iprp/cracin/publications/workingpapersseries.htm
- Fiser, A. (2004) “ICTs for Education in Ontario First Nations”, in Sustainability and Community Technology: What does this mean for Community Informatics, Community Informatics Research Network Conference, Prato, Italy, (September 29 to October 1, 2004), Centre for Community Networking and Information Policy Studies.
Bibliographie | Bibliography | Bibliographie
Section report 8.2.: Indigenous Peoples Knowledge Society: Transformations and Challenges (17.Nr.)
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W Y Z
Adresse (URL): http://www.inst.at/bio/fiser_adam.htm 2010-06-08
© INST 2005 Webmeister: Gerald Mach