The investigation of interplay between innovation and norm is of use for understanding innovation practice and culture.
It is shown that norm conserves the essence in existed objects, but innovation activities change the latter. Dynamic interaction of norm and innovative activities, constant shift of equilibrium between them to one or another side determine the co-existence of functioning and development. In this regard factors of innovative overcoming norm conservatism are considered and discussed. They include :
- Irregularity of normative structure of society, in which there are always normative distinctions, but sometimes contradictions are observed;
- Fluctuation and relative non-rigidity of norms, that gives a chance to generate and realize innovations;
- Action of mechanism "new is generated in the space of periphery”.
Innovative overcoming of conservatism of norm and their renovation are carried out through:
The said above provides reason enough to generalize the relations between social norms and innovations in the context of conflict and consensus.
- creation of norms; it means a factual introduction of an alternative norm;
- borrowing and adoption of norms, which are used in other spheres of activities;
- rationalization of norm with taking into consideration the categories of efficiency and expediency;
- confrontation of norm and demand;
- Deduction of innovation from norms.