Culture and Socium and Culture. Problems of Globalisation
Gregory Pomerants (Moscow)
Stages of Globalisation
- Extension of social units, connected by common power and common belief. First empires and tribal resistance against globalisation.
- Imperial-confessional stage of globalisation. Rise of four cultural worlds.
- Rivalry of Islamic and Christian globalisation projects in medieval times. Success of Christian globalisation as socio-economical progress.
- The fourth, electronic-financial stage of the globalisation process and anti-global movement.
- The problem of global terror.
- Necessity of changes in the character of globalisation. Global arrangements cannot be fulfilled by just one of the cultural worlds ignoring the other ones.